Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of Car Pool

No picture to go with this story but I had to document/share it.
Emma did great this morning before heading out to school. She saw her backpack & barely had any tears. She just kept asking why she had to go. But she was a trooper & got in the car with no hesitation. She was even excited when we pulled up to the school. It was the first day of carpool drop off. I wasn't sure how to prep her for this change of not walking her into her class. So we got in line & she just burst into huge tears saying she didn't want to go. I pull up in line & the helper opens the door to get Emma out. Emma looks at her crying & yelling "I don't know you". I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I did both. I guess it's great to know she won't go with strangers. The good news is she calmed down after a few minutes & her teacher said she did good the rest of the day. So proud of her for being a trooper.

No comments: