Happy Halloween!
We had a great Halloween this year. Well, we usually have great Halloweens. I should say Emma made this one more fun then I could imagine. This year she kind of understood the process. I had borrowed an angel costume from the neighbor down the street. Somehow, Emma got it into her head that she was going to be a princess. So I spent about a week convincing her that she was going to be an angel princess. We were trying on her costume, she was dancing around singing, then all of a sudden she yelled "angels aren't princesses" and took the costume off. I knew I was in trouble. Luckily another neighbor was able to help make her wish of being Cinderella come true this Halloween.
We started the day by carving pumpkins. Emma helped to draw the circle and face on the pumpkins so we knew where to cut. Then she tried & tried to pull the top loose, but needed a little help from daddy. Then after a while she decided that being yucky wasn't so bad if she got to use a special scooper to clean out the pumpkin seeds. We spent a lot of time picking the pumpkin seeds out to cook (she had been learning about this in school). While stirring the bowl of pumpkin seeds they spun off the table right into the sandbox. :( But we still had a good time.
Our little Cinderella. She was so excited to be a princess. I'm kind of glad she didn't wear the angel costume now. It was so sweet to see her huge smile & listen to her sing while dancing around.



I don't think Emma really understood about receiving candy from neighbors until she followed the big kids up to our neighbors house. She stood & waited her turn for candy, said trick-or-treat, then watched as Ms Yvonne dropped a piece of candy in her bucket. She turned & looked at me with a big smile. She said "she put candy in here!" Then she turned back around to Ms Yvonne & held her bucket up again. :) Then there was no stopping her. It was like she floated at full speed down the street. Her little heels never touched the ground.

Daddy squatted (to be the same size as Emma) so Emma squatted too. We couldn't get her to stand up. It was very entertaining.

We only had one spill. As she floated down the street trying to decide which house to go to next she tripped. It sounded much worse then it actually was - - no scrapes just lots of tears. But we picked up the candy & placed Cinderellas crown back on her head. Then all was better & she was off floating again.



No comments:
Post a Comment