Sunday, December 09, 2007

Home, Sweet Home!

It is so nice to be home. We got home just before 5:00. Emma did great in the car, though I believe it is my expert driving skills. It was so great to bring our little girl home. Reese (Mo-Reese Cheeks, Esq. - yeah, he's a lawyer. Mostly works to protect the civil liberties of dogs.) did great. I left the hopital early to take one of Emma's blankets home so Reese could smell it and be more familiar. Not sure if it really did any good, but if Reese was a little jerk when we brought her home, we'd be saying, 'Man, I wish we would have done that blanket thing.' He was really interested in her, wanting to get up and sniff her. Since he licks his butt a ton, we didn't want him so close. After 5 minutes, he lost interest until she started crying when we changed her diaper. It was loud and he was like, "What the heck?"

When we got home, our friend David and Charissa brought us over dinner which was very nice. Only David made it, since one of the boys (they have two boys, Jack and Ben) wasn't feeling well. Charissa will make it out I'm sure tomorrow or the next day. Thanks again guys so much!


Here's are last pic at the hospital before we hit the road! Thanks Kellys, Wicks, the Sheffler for all the nice flowers!











Before you ask, no we didn't put her in the back.














I'm not sure if she's old enough for this thing, but Emma really enjoyed it!
















David hard at work to make Emma a Michigan Fan. Her daddy appreciates it, but hopes she becomes an in-state tuition NC State fan.

Emma walking through the doors for the first time! Duncle Reese gets to meet her.

No comments: